Friday, August 31, 2018

Green Chili Chicken Casserole Recipe

 This recipe came from the grocery store called HEB based in Texas. I am so glad that I am still able to fix this recipe. The reason for me saying this is that I thought that I could only get the Green chili stew mix from this store. I am now able to buy the mix at KingsSoopers. Above is what you will need to make this recipe. You need 1 jar Texas Two-Step Green Chili Stew Mix, 26-oz Bag cooked Fajita Thighs- chopped ( I use what ever I have on hand whether it be chicken or turkey), 1 10-oz. bag Tortilla chips, and 2 cups shredded cheddar or Mexican blend cheese.
 Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In a bowl, mix together chicken, chips, and green chili stew mix. Spread evenly in a 9x13 pan and top with shredded cheese. cover with foil. Bake for 30 minutes till cheese is melted and edges are bubbling. Serve with sour cream, avocado and/or pico de gallo.
I served this with Spanish rice and corn. We also scoop this up with extra chips. The boys love this dish so I am so glad I can still make it for them. Please give this a try and let me know what you think. Until next time enjoy your day.

No comments:

Post a Comment