Wednesday, August 22, 2018

Creamy Chicken Stuffed Shells Recipe

 I am using the recipe from creativelyhomespun.com. I had to make changes to this recipe. I will note where I made the changes as I get to them. The first change is that I used a pork stuffing mix because it is what I had on hand.
 Here it is getting ready to be prepared. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
 You will need 4 cups of chopped cooked chicken. I used some leftover chicken from previous meals.
 Here it is being prepared.
 You will need to put the chicken into a bowl. I had a little more than 4 cups. I just used all the chicken that was in my refrig.
 To that you need to add the prepared stuffing.
 1/2 cup mayonnaise.
 Add that to the bowl.
 Mix it all together. I used just a little bit more mayo.
 Here is where the big difference starts to happen. I had some jumbo shells in my freezer from a previous recipe. Well, when I pulled them out I realize my container had a hole in it and most of my pasta was freezer burn. Note freezing jumbo shells isn't a plan.
 So what I did was take the good pieces and layer them at the bottom of my 9x13 dish.
 I then added the chicken, stuffing mixture on top. To do it right you will fill the shells and then place them into the pan.
 Now you need to make the sauce. You need 1 can of cream of chicken soup.
 Put that into a bowl.
 2 cups of milk.
 Add to the same bowl.
 mix it all together until smooth.
 Pour over the mixture in the 9x13 pan. I made little indent in my dish to get down between the layers. Pour the sauce over top of the shells in the regular recipe.
 Cook uncovered for about 30 minutes or until heated thru and brown on top. Same cooking time for normal recipe.
I served French beans with it. This wasn't bad but I should have reduced the milk for the sauce since I had to change the recipe a little bite. Please give this recipe a try either the original or mine.
Until next time enjoy your day.

No comments:

Post a Comment