Tuesday, August 21, 2018

Confetti Cake Batter Cookies Recipe

 This recipe comes from sallysbakeingaddiction.com. I actually tripled this recipes.
 You will need 1 box of vanilla/white cake mix. Any brand will work. I used 3 boxes.
 You will need to add 1 teaspoon of baking powder. I did 3 teaspoons.
 I put both of them into my kitchen aid.
 The recipe calls for 2 eggs per box.
 I used 6 eggs and you put them into a separate bowl.
 You will need 1/3 cup of vegetable/canola oil per box.
 That goes into the bowl with the eggs.
 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla per box.
 Again add to the eggs.
 gently mix the baking powder into the cake mix.
 Whisk up the eggs, oil, and vanilla.
 Add the egg mixture to the cake mixture.
 This is where having the kitchen aid do all the work of mixing the two mixtures together.
 Now add one cup of sprinkles to the mixture. That is for one box but I discovered that is a lot of sprinkles. I just used the entire container which is  one cup for all three boxes.
 Gently mix them into the mixture-you don't want to dye the cookie dough by over stirring the sprinkles.
 Drop rounded 1-inch balls of dough onto prepared cookie sheet. I used a cookie scope.
 Before you start mixing up the cookie dough you want to preheat your oven to 350 degrees and put parchment paper or silicone baking mat onto the cookie sheets.
 You will bake the cookies for 9 minutes. Cool on the cookie sheets for 3 minutes before removing them to a cooling rack.
Since I tripled this recipe I made a lot of cookies that I divided up between my boys and husband lunches. You can even freeze these.
It has been awhile since I baked cookies. I didn't have bake much during the summer because the boys were home. This recipe gave me two weeks worth of special treats for their lunch. They are very good and you want to eat them until they are gone.
I hope you give this recipe a try and let me know what you think. Until next time enjoy your day.

No comments:

Post a Comment