Monday, August 13, 2018

A different Homemade Hamburger Helper Recipe

 This recipe came from www.countrysiecravings.com. I have gathered all the ingredients needed for this recipe.
 In a small bowl you need to add 1 teaspoon of Paprika.
 1 teaspoon of garlic powder.
 1 teaspoon of parsley flakes
 a pinch to 1/2 teaspoon of cayenne powder. I used about 1/2 teaspoon.
 salt to taste. I used about 1/2 teaspoon
 black pepper to taste. I used 1 teaspoon
 Here are all the spices mixed together in the small bowl.
 While you ar getting your spices ready you can be browning your 1 pound of hamburger.
 I love this tool. It does a great job breaking up the meat.
 The recipe calls for 1 small onion finely chopped. I used 1/4 cup of dried onions.
 You will need 1 1/2 cups of beef broth
 add 1 1/2 cup of milk. This gives you 3 cups of liquid.
 When your beef is browned add the onions and the spice mixture.
 Make sure that is well mixed together. Then add 1 small can of tomato sauce.
 Now add your liquids.
 You will need 2 cups of uncooked macaroni and you add that to your pot. I used the ready pasta.
 Mix that all together.
 When it comes to a boil cover and reduce heat to a simmer.
 You will cook for 10-12 minutes or until the pasta is tender. Stir occasionally to prevent sticking.
When it is finished stir in cheddar cheese until melted. The recipe calls for 2 cups of cheese. I didn't use that much. I also just used the cheese that I had on hand.
We served this with a vegetable. This is a fairly quick dish to make.
We enjoyed it. Hope you give this recipe a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment