Thursday, August 9, 2018

BBQ Chicken Roll Ups (in the crock pot)

 Sorry about this photo the sun was just right. These are the items you will need for this recipe. This recipe comes rom whoneedsacape.com
 In your lined slow cooker you will need 1-1 1/2 pounds of chicken breast
 Into a bowl you will add 1/2 cup of brown sugar
 1/4 teaspoon of red pepper (cayenne)
 Here is the bowl that I used.
 1/2 cup honey
 into the same bowl
 1/4 cup vinegar (any kind is fine). I just used distilled.
 into the bowl
 2 teaspoons of chopped garlic.
 goes into the same bowl as everything else
 1/2 teaspoon of red pepper flakes. I only had crushed. You might want to cut this down or out.
 that goes into the bowl also
 The recipe calls for 1 cup of chili sauce. I used the whole jar 12 oz jar because there was only just a little left over and I couldn't see putting that into my frig. That goes in the bowl as well.
 1 medium onion chopped finely. I didn't do finely I just chopped.
 Into the bowl.
 Disregard this picture goes to another recipe. OOPS
 Now you need to mix all together.
 All mixed together.
 Pour the mixture over the chicken in the slow cooker. You will cook on low for at least 4 hours.
 After 4 hours or more remove the chicken from the pot and you now need to shred it. You can use two forks or pull out your kitchen aid and put the cookie paddle on and shred that way.
 I decided to use the forks this time.
 Put back into the pot.
 Mix it with the sauce. And cook for another 30 minutes.
 Spread the onto a flour tortilla. Sprinkle some grated cheese over the chicken and if you want add jalapenos on top. roll up and enjoy.
My tortilla was a little small or I put too much on to roll it so I ate like a taco. I made up some baked beans to go with it. This was really good. I didn't add the jalapenos because the red pepper flakes heated this up nicely. I hope you give this recipe a try. Until next time enjoy your day.

No comments:

Post a Comment