Saturday, September 1, 2018

Slow Cooker Stuff Peppers Recipe

 This recipe I got a YouTube channel called Homestead Tessie. She got it from a cookbook called The big book of fix it and forget page 270.
Above you will see what is needed to fix this recipe.
1 pound of ground beef browned. 3/4 cup chopped onions cooked with the ground beef.
2 cups cooked rice. 4-6 green peppers. 8 oz. of tomato sauce. 1/4 cup beef broth and 1 tablespoon of Worchester sauce. As you can see I didn't use green peppers, these peppers were on sale. I also used a precooked rice that also was on sale.
Brown your beef and onions. In a separate bowl added your cooked rice and mix with the beef mixture. Core out your peppers and then rinse them off. Fill the peppers with the beef/rice mixture.. Place them into the slow cooker. Mix the tomato sauce, beef broth, and Worchester sauce together. Pour over the peppers. Cook on low 5-7 hours.
I almost forgot to take a picture when they were done. We had a salad with this. This was okay but needs more flavor. I would also recommend that you only cook them for 5 hours. The peppers were too soft and we didn't eat them. We like a little crunch. Otherwise we liked it. I will be playing around with this recipe. Let me know what you think and if you changed it up comment below.
Until next time enjoy your day.

No comments:

Post a Comment