Thursday, September 6, 2018

Chicken and Cheese Noodle Bake

 This recipe I received from my mom. She got it from a magazine called Taste of Home. The ingredients you will need are the following. 1 pkg.(16 oz.) spaghetti, broken
2 medium onions, chopped          1 medium green pepper, chopped ( I used a yellow pepper)
1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped          1/2 cup butter, cubed
6 tablespoons all-purpose flour                   2 cups milk
4 cups cubed cooked chicken                     1 cup (8 oz. ) sour cream  (I forgot this)
1 can condensed cream of chicken and mushroom soup, undiluted ( I used both as chicken)
1 can condensed cream of mushroom coup, undiluted  (I used chicken)
1/2 teaspoon celery salt                                 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese                 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese

Because my chicken wasn't pre cooked I had to cook it. I cubed it first and then cooked it. As you can see I was chopping my pepper.
Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Meanwhile, sauté the onions and peppers in butter in a Dutch oven until tender. Stir in flour until blended; gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in chicken, soups, sour cream, celery salt and pepper.
Drain spaghetti; add to sauce mixture and toss to coat. Transfer to two greased 11x7 baking dishes. Sprinkle with cheeses. Cover and freeze one casserole for up to 3 months. Cover and bake the remaining casserole at 350 degree oven for 20 minutes. Uncover and bake for 5-10 minutes longer or until bubbly.
To use frozen casserole: Thaw in the refrigerator overnight. Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Cover and bake at 350 degree for 40 minutes. Uncover and bake 5-10 minutes longer or until bubbly.


This is what it looks like when it is done. I forgot to cover it the first time. It still came out tasting good even though I forgot the sour cream. I even bought the sour cream to use but it just slipped my mind. I hope you give this a try. As you can see you can change it up and even forget something and it still taste great.
Until next time enjoy your day.

No comments:

Post a Comment