Monday, May 13, 2024

The week in a life without working outside the home

On Friday, May 3rd was my last day of work. I quick my full-time job and I had to make sure I would stay busy. I think I did that this week. I have some photos of the things I did this week. I didn't put them in order but i don't think that really matters. this crochet square is from a project called the calendar year blanket. I am behind because this is the February square and I finally got it done this week.
These are some plastic plant containers that I mode podge on with napkins. I think they came out really well. I am not good with real plants, so I need to find some fake ones to put in them.
At my job i was a notary and they let me keep my stuff and I did do one notary for a friend this week.
These are part of a project I have been working on since September of 2023. I need to get them done before November of 2024. They are proving to be a pain.
My husband and I played this new game I picked up. This was very hard. We are both readers but this game kick our butts.
I know tax season is over, but we have a son in bootcamp, and I need to get his taxes done from his job he had before he left. They will be late but since he doesn't owe anything we figured it would be ok. He may still have to pay fine but since he is getting money, they can just take it out before they send him his refund.
I made these cute button flowers for the reading room. It just brings a little color to the room. I wanted to do this project at work, but we never got around to it.
Here are the backs of the plastic canvas that I finally got outlined. Now I am working on the sides and hope to get them done next week.

 I also made a batch of cookies for my husband to take to work. I have the recipe on this blog. https://thelifeofacoloradowife.blogspot.com/2024/05/almond-joy-cookies.html

Well, that was my week. I think I did a great job staying busy. I have also been reading and you can find out what I read by going to my reading blog at www.debbiesreadingcorner.com.
Today is a new week and next Monday you will find out what I was up to.

No comments:

Post a Comment