Saturday, May 11, 2024

Almond Joy Cookies

 Here is another recipe that I have made this week. I got this recipe off my Facebook page. I am not sure who posted it, but I want to give them credit.

These are the items that you will need to make this recipe.
1 cup butter                1 1/2 cups white sugar        1 1/2 cups brown sugar
4 eggs                         3 teaspoons vanilla              4 1/2 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking soda       1 teaspoon salt           5 cups chocolate chips
2 cups sweetened coconut                                        2 cups chopped almonds
Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees. Lightly grease cookie sheet or sheets. I use Pam.  The first step is to cream butter with both sugars. This is shown above.
After that you will add the eggs, one at a time, stir after each egg. Then add the vanilla when all the eggs are added.
Then the dry ingredients are added. Before you add the dry ingredients make sure to combine them beforehand. Add a little at a time to make it easier to mix in. I did 1 cup at a time.
Now you will add the nuts, coconut and chips. I didn't have enough nuts or coconut to use the full amount recommended but they still will turn out fine. I also used only 2 cups of chips. I don't like my cookies overpowered with them.
This is what it should look like when all mixed.
Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls onto prepared cookie sheets.
Bake 8 to 10 minutes. I baked them for 10 minutes. Cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before removing them to a wire rack to cool completely.
Here they are finishing the cooling process. Even though I haven't used the full amount of ingredients the cookies still turned out great.

I hope you will try this recipe. 


No comments:

Post a Comment