Sunday, May 5, 2024

Butternut Squash with Italian Sausage Recipe


I have a new recipe that I tried last night for our dinner. I got this recipe from the book called The Diabetes cookbook page 265. The items you need are shown in the photo above. I would recommend using fresh butternut squash over frozen. The squash was a little mushy for our taste. This is what you will need. 2 (12-ounce) packages cubed butternut squash; 1/2 small onion, diced; 3 Italian-style cooked chicken sausage links, sliced; 1 teaspoon olive oil; 1/8 teaspoon sage; and finally, a pinch of cayenne pepper.

I did change up the recipe a little bit for us. I cut the recipe in half because there are two of us. I used frozen squash, which we discovered we didn't like, and I used turkey kielbasa. You will need to preheat your oven to 425 degrees. Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray. In a bowl, mix together all the ingredients.
After everything is mixed you will spread it evenly onto the prepared baking sheet. I always line my baking sheets with foil for easy clean up. You will bake this for 30-35 minutes or until the squash is tender. It only took 30 minutes.

 this is how it looked after baking. Like I said it was good, but the squash was a little mushy for us. i will try this recipe again, but with fresh squash.

I hope you will give this recipe a try and let me know what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment