Saturday, May 2, 2020

Pork Chops and Apple Slices Recipe

Here is another recipe that we tried this week. I am using the recipe from Fix-It and Forget- It page 124.

 This is what you will need for this recipe. 4 pork loin chops, about 1' thick, well trimmed
2 medium-sized apples, peeled, cored, and sliced
1 teaspoon butter
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg. optional
salt and pepper
one small onion, chopped, optional
 Heat a non-stick skillet until hot. Add chops and brown quickly. Turn and brown on the other side.
As you can see I left the skin on and I chopped the apples instead of slicing them.
 While chops are browning, place half the sliced apples in the slow cooker.
 Top with 2 chops.
 Chopping left over onions.
 Place some of the onions on top of the 2 chops. Repeat the layers.
 Dot with butter and sprinkle with nutmeg. Sprinkle generously with salt and pepper.
Cover and cook on Low 6-8 hours, or until meat is tender but not dry.
Here is the pork with the sides. My slow cooker cooks fast so the time was off for me. My chops ended up being a little dry. It was good but I need to make sure I don't cook for that long.

I hope you give this recipe a try. Let me know when you do.
Until next time keep safe and enjoy your day.

No comments:

Post a Comment