Monday, May 25, 2020

Pound Cake Recipe

Here is another recipe for you to try. I got this recipe from Betty Crocker's Cookbook page 69.
I made this cake for Strawberry Shortcake that Aryan wanted.

 These are the items you will need to make this recipe.
2 3/4 cup sugar        1 1/4 cup butter, softened        1 teaspoon vanilla
5 eggs           3 cups all-purpose flour         1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt           1 cup evaporated milk
NOTE: Do not use self-rising flour
 Heat the oven to 350 degress. Grease and flour 12-cup bundt cake pan or tube pan (10x4 inches).
 Beat sugar, butter, vanilla, and eggs on low speed, scraping bowl constantly, 30 seconds. Beat on high speed, scraping bowl occasionally, 5 minutes. Beat in flour, baking powder and salt alternately with milk on low speed.
 Pour into pan. Bake until wooden pick inserted in center coms out clean, 70-80 minutes. Mine only needed to bake for 60 minutes. I would check after 60 minutes and then time as needed.
 Cool 20 minutes; remove from pan.
Here is the strawberry shortcake. It was delicious.
For the strawberry mixture all I did was cut up my strawberries and added some sugar and let it set in the refrig. until I was ready for it.

I hope you give this recipe a try and let me know what you think.
Until next time keep safe and enjoy your day.

No comments:

Post a Comment