Wednesday, May 6, 2020

Beef with Snow Peas Recipe

This recipe is quick and good. I don't know where I got it so again I can't give credit to the original person. I hope you give this recipe a try and let me know what you think.

 This is what you will need for this recipe.
1/2 cup low-sodium soy sauce, plus more ( I didn't need any more than the 1/2 cup)
3 tablespoon sherry ( you can use broth or water)
2 tablespoon packed brown sugar
2 tablespoon cornstarch
1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger ( I used dried)
1 1/2 pound flank steak, trimmed of fat ( I used top round)
3 tablespoon peanut oil ( I used olive oil)
8 oz. snow peas, ends trimmed
2 cups cooked white or jasmine rice
Red pepper flakes, for sprinkling ( I forgot this)
 Slice the meat very thin against the grain.
 In a bowl, mix together the soy sauce, sherry, brown sugar, cornstarch, and ginger to make a marinade.
 Place the sliced meat in a bowl and pour half the marinade on top. Toss with your hands and set aside.
 Heat the oil in a heavy skillet or wok over high heat. Add the snow peas and stir them around for 1 minute.
 Remove to a plate and set aside.
 Let the pan get very hot again. Add half the meat to the pan and spread it out, but do not stir or disturb it for at least 1 minute. Turn meat to the other side and cook for 30 seconds more. I cooked the meat all the way through. We don't like any red.
 And remove it to a clean plate. Repeat with other half of the meat.
 Return all the meat to the pan and pour in the rest of the marinade. Stir it around, then pour in 1/2 cup hot water...and let the sauce thicken for 30 to 45 seconds.
 Turn off the heat and stir in the snow peas. Let them warm up a little.
Then serve the mixture over rice, with red pepper flakes sprinkled over the top as desired.

I hope you enjoy the recipes I have been sharing. I do enjoy sharing what I serve my family and love having something new to try.

No comments:

Post a Comment