Tuesday, May 12, 2020

Sour Crem Coffee Cake Recipe

Here is a different type of recipe. Again I don't remember where I got this recipe to give the credit to the right person.

 This is what you will need to make this recipe.
1/2 cup butter, softened; 1 cup sugar; 1 teaspoon vanilla extract; 2 cups all-purpose flour; 1 teaspoon baking powder; 1/2 teaspoon baking soda; 1/4 teaspoon salt.
Topping: 1/4 cup sugar; 1/3 cup brown sugar; 1/2 cup chopped pecans
 I almost forgot these you will also need 2 eggs and 1 cup sour cream.
 Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
 Combine all topping ingredients.
 Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Cream together butter and sugar.
 Beat in eggs, sour cream and vanilla.
 Add the flour mixture to the creamed mixture and beat until combined.
 All mixed together.
 Pour half of the mixture into a greased 9x13 baking pan. There is no pouring this mixture. I had to drop it in and then spread it with a knife or spatula.
 Sprinkle topping mixture on top of batter.
 Add the remaining batter and bake for 40 minutes. Again the batter was a little hard to spread so take your time.
I ended up baking this for 50 minutes.

The boys love this with cool whip. You can't taste the sour cream. I hope you give this recipe a try and let me know what you think.
Until next time keep safe and enjoy your day.

No comments:

Post a Comment