Wednesday, April 29, 2020

Easy Barbecue Tarts and Biscuit Recipe

You will be getting two recipes in this post. The first one will be a homemade biscuit recipe from the Betty Crocker Cookbook and the second one will be the BBQ Tarts from the Great America Home Baking. Both are delicious and quick to make.

 This is what you will need for the Baking Powder Biscuits found on page 29 in the Betty Crocker cookbook. 1/2 cup shortening; 2 cups flour; 1 tablespoon sugar; 3 teaspoons baking powder; 1 teaspoon salt; 3/4 cup milk.
 I didn't bake them as biscuits but for you to do so you will want to preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
Cut shortening into flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt with pastry blender until mixture resembles fine crumbs. Stir in milk until dough leaves side of bowl (dough will be soft and sticky).
 Turn dough onto lightly floured surface. Knead lightly 10 times.
 Roll or pat 1/2 inch thick. Cut with floured 2 1/2-inch round cutter. Place on ungreased cookie sheet about 1 inch apart for crusty sides, touching for soft sides. Bake until golden brown. 10 to 12 minutes. Immediately remove from cookie sheet. I didn't this instead I did the following.
 I preheated the oven to 375 degrees and sprayed my muffin tins with non stick spray. I patted out my round biscuit dough and put them into the muffin tins as shown. I will give you the recipe for the BBQ but I used chili instead. You will need to brown one pound of ground beef and drain. To that you will need to add 1/2 cup ketchup, 3 tablespoons brown sugar, 1 tablespoon white vinegar, 1/2 teaspoon chili powder, and 1/2 teaspoon salt.
 Spoon approximately 1/4 cup of the either mixture into each biscuit-lined muffin cup.
 Bake for 10 minutes and then sprinkle with cheese. Bake until the cheese is melted, about 2 minutes longer.
Cool the tarts in the pan for 5 minutes before serving. I did have to bake mine a little longer than 10 minutes. Every oven is different. My recipe made 18 tarts. If you don't want to make your own biscuits you can buy them in the dairy section of the store.
My family really like these and they usually don't last long. I also freeze them. They defrost quickly and the boys love being able to take them to school and reheat them in the microwave for about 30 seconds.
I hope you give these recipes a try and let me know what you think. Until next time keep safe and enjoy your day.

No comments:

Post a Comment