Thursday, April 9, 2020

Baked Chicken Primarvera Recipe

As this stay home order is still in effect I am posting another recipe that you can use items that might left over from a previous meal. I got this recipe from great American home baking. It is a one dish meal. I hope you enjoy this and give this recipe a try. Let me know what you think if you try it.

For this recipe you will need the following:
1 pound cooked chicken, cut into 1-inch cubes (2 cups); 1 (12 ounces) frozen mix vegetables (thawed); 1 small onion, chopped (about 1/3 cup); 8 ounces corkscrew pasta, cooked (any pasta will do); 1 cup whipping cream; 1/3 cup prepared pesto sauce; 1/2 teaspoon salt; 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese.

1. Preheat oven to 375 degree. Spray a 3-quart casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray. I used a 9x13 pan.
2. Combine the chicken, vegetables, onion and pasta in a large bowl. Set aside. Combine the whipping cream, pesto sauce and salt in a medium bowl. Add the cream mixture to the chicken mixture and stir gently until combined. Spoon into the prepared dish.
3. Bake, covered, until heated through and the vegetables are tender, 40-50 minutes. I baked it for 50 minutes.
4. Remove the dish from oven and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Serve.

I hope you give this dish a try. It serves 6.

No comments:

Post a Comment