Saturday, May 4, 2019

Maple Dijon Pulled Chicken for the Crock Pot Recipe

 Here is another recipe I would like to share with you. I got this recipe from whoneedsacape.com.
Here is everything you will need for this recipe.
 As always I like to line my crock pot with a liner but you don't have to just make sure to spray it with a non stick spray before you add the ingredients. You will need 2-3 pounds of boneless chicken breast. More or less to your family size. You will have to adjust the amounts if you change the amount of chicken.
 In a separate bowl you will need to add 3/4 cup of Dijon mustard, 1/2 cup of maple syrup (I use the real stuff), 2 tablespoons of vinegar (I used red wine but any kind will work).
 Whip that all together.
 Pour on top of chicken in the crock pot.
 You will add one chopped onion. I didn't have an onion so I used dried onions instead.
You will cook this on low for about 6 hours or longer is fine.
I almost forgot to take a picture before I put up the leftovers. You will need to pull the chicken and let it cook for about 15 minutes more (at least again longer is fine)
Serve on a salad, roll, tortilla, or just on a plate.
I served it on the plate along with some yellow rice and French style green beans.
This can also be a freezer meal by mixing the liquids together and put in a ziplock bag with chicken and onions.
Slow cooker meals have been a life saver for me these last couple of months with my boys being track and I haven't had much time to really cook.
I hope you give this recipe try. Let me know how you like it.
Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment