Monday, May 27, 2019

BBQ Chicken Recipe

 Here is another recipe that I received from a friend. This can be made either the day of as I am doing or you can put this together into a freezer bag and freeze it for another day. Everything you see here is all you will need for this recipe. 4-6 chicken breasts, cut into bite size pieces; 1 (12oz) bottle of BBQ sauce; 1/2 cup brown sugar; 1/4 cup vinegar; 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper; 1 teaspoon garlic powder.
 You will combine everything but the chicken into a bowl. As you probably saw I didn't have a full bottle of BBQ sauce so I combined  two different sauces to make my 12ozs. I also used cider vinegar instead of white.
 You will place your chicken into the slow cooker. As you can see I decided not to cut up my chicken breast into pieces. I also almost always use a liner. This makes for easier cleanup.
 Pour your sauce mixture over the chicken and cook on low for 4-6 hours.
 This is what it will look like after the cooking is done.
I sliced up the chicken and served it with rice and corn. I also made a chicken gravy for the rice. You could put the chicken and sauce over the rice if you want to. I have done that before.
What I like about this is that I can put into the slow cooker and forget about it until about 30 minutes before we eat, I also cooked my rice in a rice cooker so the rice was a quick fix also.
I hope you give this recipe a try and please let me know what you think. Until next time enjoy your day.

No comments:

Post a Comment