Thursday, May 23, 2019

Macaroni and Cheese Soup Recipe

 I know this recipe sounds odd but it is pretty good. Extremely kid friendly. I got this recipe from The Friend which our church produces for young readers. It has been many years ago that this came out. This is really the only way I can get my kids to eat Macaroni and Cheese. I have tried to make homemade versions and they never ate them so I have had to stick to the box. This is what you will need for this recipe. 1 14oz box of macaroni and cheese dinner, 9 cups water, divided, 1 cup chopped broccoli, 1/4 cup chopped onion, 1 11oz can of condensed cheddar cheese soup, 2 1/2 cups milk and 1 cup chopped cooked ham. The following is how to put this altogether. Bring 8 cups of water to a boil and cook the macaroni for 8-10 minutes. Drain and set aside. Make sure to save the cheese sauce packet for later. In another large pot, bring the remaining water, broccoli, and onion to a boil. Cook for 2 minutes. Add the soup, milk, ham, and cheese sauce packet to the water, broccoli, and onion. Heat well. Stir in the drained macaroni and serve.
This is what it looks like. As the soup sets it does become thicker. You can use any leftovers as a side dish the next day because the macaroni will absorb all the liquid as it sits. I just served this with bread.
This is so simple that your kids can make it. Please give this a try and let me know what you think.
Until next time enjoy your day.

No comments:

Post a Comment