Tuesday, May 7, 2019

Macaroni and Beef Recipe

 Here is another recipe that I would like to share. I don't remember where I got this recipe from but I have had it for a while. Everything in this picture is what you will need to make this dish.
1 pound ground beef, 1 medium onion chopped, 1 8 oz. can tomato sauce, 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano leaves, 1/4 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon, 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg, 1 large clove garlic crushed, 4 cups cooked elbow macaroni, 2 tablespoons butter, 2 tablespoon flour, 1/4 teaspoon salt, dash of nutmeg, 1 1/2 cups milk, and 1/4 cup grated cheese.
I did have to make some adjustments this time because I didn't have everything. I used dried onions instead of the medium onion, I used minced garlic instead of crushed and I used shells instead of elbow macaroni. This recipe still came out tasting great. Now onto the directions.
Cook and stir ground beef and onion in 10-inch skillet over medium heat until beef is brown about 10 minutes; drain. Stir in tomato sauce, oregano, salt, cinnamon, 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg and the garlic. Alternate layers of macaroni and beef mixture in greased 2-quart casserole dish. ( I mixed mine altogether before placing in the dish). Heat butter in saucepan over low heat until melted. Blend in flour, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and dash of nutmeg. Cook over low heat stirring constantly, until smooth and bubbly; remove from heat. Stir in milk. Heat to boiling, stirring constantly. Boil and stir 1 minute; spoon sauce over macaroni and beef mixture; sprinkle with cheese. Cook uncovered in 350 degree oven until bubbly and cheese is lightly brown about 35 minutes.
This is what it should look like when done. Serve with a vegetable or salad and your meal is done. You are able to taste a hint of nutmeg. We enjoy this dish. I hope you give this recipe a try and let me know how you like it. Until next time enjoy your day.
*NOTE: a dash is about 1/8 teaspoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment