Thursday, July 26, 2018

Souperburger aka Sloppy Joes Recipe

 I can't remember where I got this recipe. This is a fast and easy way to make sloppy joes. Everyone should have these ingredients on hand. I am not a sloppy joe fan but the guys like them and this is what David requested for his birthday.
 I doubled this recipe again, but I will give you what it takes to make one batch. You will need 1 pound of hamburger.
 It of course needs to be browned.
 While the meat is browning go ahead and get the sauce ready. You will need 1 can of tomato soup. Any brand will work. We prefer Campbells.
 You need 1/2 cup chopped onions. I didn't have any so I used a little over 1/4 cup of dried.
 You will need about 1 tablespoon of mustard. I just guessed.
 A dash of black pepper.
 When your meat is browned you need to drain it.
 Now add to the sauce mixture.
Mix in the meat and then heat through.
Here is David's plate. He also wanted onion rings. I didn't eat this. I ate some broccoli cheese instead.
I know there are several recipes for this but this is the recipe we prefer since there isn't any added sweetness that a lot of people like.
Hope you give this try and enjoy your day.

No comments:

Post a Comment