Friday, July 13, 2018

Loaded Potato and Ranch Chicken Casserole

 This recipe came from the countrycook.net. First spray a 9x13 pan with pam. Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
 You will need 1.5 pounds of little potatoes. Doesn't really matter what type. They recommend baby boomer little potatoes or Yukon Gold. These little red potatoes work just as well.
 I washed my potatoes.
 Preparing to cut them.
 I just quartered the potatoes but they suggest cutting into 1 inch cubes.
 salt and pepper to taste.
 prepared ranch dressing. You will need 1/4 cup.
 Pour over the potatoes.
 mix all together.
 Pour into the prepare pan. Bake in the heated oven for 30 minutes. You will need to stir them every 10 minutes.
 While the potatoes are cooking you will need to prep the rest of the items. You will need another 1/4 cup of ranch dressing.
 chop up 1/2 cup of green onions. I just used one bundle.
 here they are chopped and put into a bowl for later.
 You will need to cube about 2 pounds of chicken breasts.
 Place the chicken into a bowl and salt and pepper to taste.
 Add the 1/4 cup of ranch dressing
 Mix all together. Don't forget to keep stirring your potatoes every ten minutes.
 You will need 1 cup of crumbled bacon. I always cut my bacon before I cook it. I also packed the measuring cup since we love bacon. This is about 7 slices of bacon.
 After 30 minutes of cooking you will now add the chicken on top of the potatoes.
 Cover the pan. Be careful the pan is hot. You will cook this about 20-30 minutes longer. Make sure the chicken is cooked.
 After the chicken is cooked you will top with  2 cups of Mexican shredded cheese, bacon and green onions. Bake into the oven for 8-10 minutes longer. Until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
 This is how it came out. There was a lot of liquid so next time I will pre cook the chicken to limit the amount of liquid. This was a really good recipe.
I forgot to take a picture of my dinner plate so this is what my husband took to work for lunch.
I hope you give this a try and enjoy yourself.
Until next time enjoy your day.

No comments:

Post a Comment