Thursday, July 12, 2018

Crock Pot Cheeseburger Soup

 These are the ingredients you need to make this recipe. Sorry about the lighting. I got this recipe from She's in her Apron. I don't know where she got this recipe.
 You need to brown one pound of hamburger.
 Pour into the crock pot three cups of beef broth. I used one quart.
 Add 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper
 Add one teaspoon of each oregano and salt
 preparing the onion
 use 1/2 cup chopped onion.
 sorry for this picture. Light shining in through the window. Onions chopped
 preparing the green pepper
 you need 1/2 cup. I just used the half of the green pepper
 putting the onion into the pot
 adding the green pepper
 During the chopping of the onion and green pepper the hamburger was browning.
 I drained the hamburger.
 Adding the hamburger to the pot.
 preparing the potatoes. I used thre to make about 4 cups diced.
 ready to be diced.
 all diced up
 adding the potatoes to the pot.
 all mixed in.
 I cooked on low for about eight hours.
 About 30 minutes before eating you need to 1/4 cup flour mixed with 1 cup milk. stir until no lumps and add to the pot along with 8 ounces of shredded cheese. Cook the last 30 minutes.
I wanted to serve this in bread bowls but was unable to find any and it has been to hot for me to make my own.
NOTE: You can add 1 can of diced tomatoes if you wish. I omitted this since we don't like tomatoes.
We enjoyed this even though it is summer it was great to be able to place into the crock pot and not have to worry about dinner.
Hope you give this a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment