Monday, September 2, 2019

Dried Beef Rarebit Recipe

 This is an all time favorite for most of the family. This recipe came from a book my mom has had for a long time. I think it was called Cooking for Two. For this recipe you will need the following.
1 jar (4oz) dried beef, shredded; 1/4 cup butter; 1/4 cup flour; 1 teaspoon dry mustard; 1/2 teaspoon paprika; 2 cups milk; 1 cup grated cheddar cheese. I always add more cheese because I like it cheesy.
 You will need to melt the butter and then sauté the shredded beef until edges curl. Blend in dry ingredients. Cook over low heat stirring until mixture is smooth and bubbly. Remove from heat; stir in milk. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly; boil 1 minute. Remove from heat; blend in cheese. Serve over toast or toasted English muffins.
I have to be careful because I can make myself sick by eating to much of this. The dried beef is salty so don't add any salt. You can parboil the meat before hand if you want to reduce the salt.
David and Aryan are the only two who don't like this dish. Whenever the rest of my children come home or I go to their place this is one of the meals they ask me to make. I grew up with this and it has always been one of favorites.
I hope you give this recipe a try and as always let me know what you think.
Until next time enjoy your day.

No comments:

Post a Comment