Monday, September 16, 2019

Sunday Chicken Dinner Recipe

 I made this meal a couple of weeks and finally getting it posted. I got this recipe out of the book called Fix-it and Forget-it. This is what you will need for this recipe. 1 large onion, sliced; 4-5 potatoes, peeled and sliced about 1/4' thick; 3-4 pounds chicken, cut-up; 1 can of cream of mushroom soup; 1 soup can of milk and garlic powder to taste (optional). Here are the changes that I made. I used cream of chicken instead of mushroom soup, I used just chicken drumsticks, I used dried chopped onions instead of fresh sliced ones and I used minced garlic instead of garlic powder.
 1. Line bottom of your slow cooker with onion slices.
2. Spread potatoes over top of onions. Then add chicken.
3. Mix together soup nd milk. Pour over chicken. (Since I used minced garlic I added it to this)
4. If you wish, sprinkle with garlic powder.
5. Cook on high 4 hours or on low 8 hours, or until potatoes and chicken are tender.
Tip: Add up to a second can of milk if you'd like to have more sauce.
Here is what it looks like when it is done. This was really good and the chicken fell off the bone.
I hope you give this recipe a try and as always if you try it please let me know what you think.
Until next time enjoy your day.

No comments:

Post a Comment