Saturday, August 31, 2019

One-Pot Pizza Pasta Recipe

 This recipe I found on fakeginger.com. Yes, another one pot meal. I did serve a vegetable with this to round out the meal. For this recipe you will need the following.
1 teaspoon olive oil; 8oz turkey Italian sausage (I used regular sausage); I onion diced; 2 cloves garlic minced; 1 cup pepperoni; 2cups tomato basil pasta sauce (I used the whole jar that is shown); 2 cups water; 8oz Barilla Pronto Rotini ( I just used store brand Rotini); salt and pepper; 2 cups Italian blend Cheese.
Heat olive oil over medium-high heat in a oven-proof skillet. I didn't use the oil instead I just sprayed my skillet with Pam. Add sausage and onion; cook breaking up the sausage, until the sausage is cooked completely and the onion is soft and translucent. Add garlic and cook another 30 seconds, until fragrant. Add pepperoni. Add pasta sauce and water and stir until combined.
Stir in pasta and bring to a boil. Boil about 10 minutes or until most of the liquid is absorbed and the pasta is cooked. Add salt and pepper to taste. Stir in the cheese. Serve immediately.
Ok I will confess I forgot to add the cheese. The dish was still good. In fact Mike ate two helpings which is unusual for him. I remembered about the cheese at 1 in the morning.  David did say that this dish was a little sweet for him maybe because I forgot the cheese or the pasta sauce was sweet. I tried to make sure the sausage I used wasn't sweet because you can buy it that way. I am trying to give you the thoughts of what my family.
I would recommend that you try this recipe just don't forget the cheese. Let me know what you think.
Until next time enjoy your day.

No comments:

Post a Comment