Wednesday, August 28, 2019

Slow-Cooked Pork Chops with Green Beans Recipe

 Here is another great recipe from the book Fix-It and Forget-It 5-ingredient favorites. Last week I used my slow cooker almost every day. It saved me a lot of time and made sure I had dinner at a reasonable time. For this recipe you will need the following items.
3-4 boneless pork chops; salt and pepper, to taste; 2 cups green beans, frozen or fresh; 2 slices bacon, cut up; 1/2 cup water; 1 tablespoon lemon juice.
 Place pork chops in bottom of slow cooker. Salt and pepper. I didn't use the salt since there is bacon in this meal, trying to cut down on the salt. Top with remaining ingredients in the order listed. Cover and cook on low 4-8 hours, or until meat and green beans are tender but not dry or over-cooked.
I made a long grain rice with wild rice  to go along with this dish. This is the second time I have made this dish. Green beans aren't my families favorite vegetable so having bacon mixed with them helps them to eat them.
I hope you try this dish.
Until next time enjoy your day.

No comments:

Post a Comment