Tuesday, December 5, 2017

D.A.R Service Project




As I have mentioned in my profile I am a member of the D.A.R (Daughters of the American Revolution). I thought I would share with you our most recent service project we did.
The top photo are crocheted/knitted crowns for babies for a center called A Pregnancy Care Center who help young mothers with classes and clothes. The next two photos are the items we gathered either by making ourselves or donations we received to make bags to give to the army base in our area. We had a lot of fun and we worked on this project all summer long. The gathering of the items happened in November. We are still getting the bags put together and will hopefully get them to the base soon. The bottom photo is the group. This is only a small number but we work hard in the community and have fun doing it.
If you know you have an American Revolution soldier contact your local D.A.R group and if you don't know there is one in your area just look on line or comment below and I will give you the information.
I have a lot of fun and have made a lot of friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment