Tuesday, February 8, 2022

Pumpkin/Zucchini Bread Recipe

 

Pumpkin/Zucchini Bread

This is the recipe I use to make either one. I am getting this recipe from a cookbook I bought years ago. The name of the cookbook is Eat Well for $50.00 a week By: Rhonda Barfield

I will type it like she has it in her book. I don't know if it is still for sale. My edition is from 1993.

This recipe makes two loaves

Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Grease and flour two loaf pans. Cream together in a large bowl:

2 cups sugar and 1 cup oil

Gradually add:

3 eggs and 2 teaspoons vanilla

Beat well. Grate 3 cups pumpkin or zucchini. Add to sugar and oil mixture and blend well.

In a separate bowl, combine:

1 1/2 cups white flour

1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour

1 teaspoon cinnamon

1 teaspoon salt

1 teaspoon baking powder

1 teaspoon baking soda

Combine the two mixtures and blend well. Bake for one hour, or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.

Variations: This recipe is an excellent way to use up garden vegetables; I have substituted squash, for example, with good results. Add nuts if you prefer. The amount of oil can be reduced, but the resulting bread is not as moist. All white flour can take place of half whole wheat, half white.


I always double this recipe and freeze them. I usually do the half and half but i have done all white and it is still good. I have also used squash in place of the pumpkin and zucchini, and it taste just the same.

I hope you try this recipe and let me know what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment