Monday, February 28, 2022

Frito Pie and Chili Recipe

 

These two recipes were inspired by my son-in-law. He has never heard of Frito pie and so I decided that I needed to add them to this blog. The chili recipe I grew up with and got it from my mom and she got it from a recipe book. I am not sure what the book is called but it has something to do with several different recipes using ground beef.

Easy Chili

1 cup chopped onions

4 pounds hamburger

2 (8oz) cans tomato sauce

2 tablespoons lemon juice

1 tablespoon brown sugar

1 1/2 teaspoon Worchester sauce

1 tablespoon vinegar

1/4 teaspoon dry mustard

Kidney beans (dry or canned)

Chili powder to taste

46 oz can tomato juice.

Brown your hamburger with the onions. I just everything together after the meat and onions are cooked.

I let everything simmer for most of the day. It is better if you let it set a day in the refrigerator and eat it the next day.

This is a very simple recipe and easy to double.

Frito Pie.

There is no wrong way to make this. You can do what I did in the picture and just put chili in the bowl and surround it with Frito's and cheese or you can put the Frito's on the bottom and chili on top. Or you can have the chili on the bottom and the Frito's on top. 

Like I said there is no wrong way and probably ways I haven't thought of.

I hope you try these recipes and let me know what you think.

Until next time, enjoy your day.

No comments:

Post a Comment