Monday, February 24, 2020

Mini Peanut Butter Tarts Recipe

I am back with yet another recipe. This recipe came from the Paula Deen Magazine that I use to receive in the mail years ago. I don't make this one very often but I have been going through all of my recipes and realized I haven't made this one in awhile so here it is. I hope you enjoy it.

 These are the ingredients you will need. 1 cup butter, softened; 1 cup peanut butter (creamy or crunchy); 1 1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar; 3/4 cup granulated sugar; 1 tablespoon vanilla extract; 2 large eggs; 2 1/2 cup all-purpose flour; 1/2 teaspoon baking soda; 1/2 teaspoon baking powder; 1/2 teaspoon salt; 1 cup chopped honey-roasted peanuts.
 In a large bowl, beat butter and peanut butter at medium speed with a mixer until creamy.
 You can do this by hand as I did.
 Add sugars and vanilla; beat until fluffy.
 Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
 In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
 Gradually add to butter mixture, beating just until combined after each addition.
 You will need to chop your peanuts. I used a small processor to do this. It sure made it easier.
 I just did a few quick pulses.
 Stir in the peanuts.
 Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray 2 (24 cup) mini muffin pans with nonstick cooking spray.
 Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups.
 Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until centers are set and tops are lightly browned. I baked them for 12 minutes.
 Cool in pans for 10 minutes.
Remove from pans and cool completely on wire racks. Store in airtight containers up to 1 week.
I put three into a sandwich bag and stored them in the refrig for the boys lunches. This made a lot.

I hope you give this recipe a try and let me know what you think.
Until next time enjoy your day.

No comments:

Post a Comment