Tuesday, February 11, 2020

Chocolate Crinkle Cookie Recipe

These are my favorite cookies. I only make them once a year because I don't need them around the house because I can't stop at one. I don't know where the recipe came from I just know I got it from mom.

 These are the ingredients you will need for this recipe. That is homemade vanilla in the bottle.
1/2 cup butter, cut up; 4oz unsweetened chocolate; 2 cups flour; 2 teaspoons baking powder; 1/2 teaspoon salt; 2 cups sugar; 4 large eggs; 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
 2. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt in a medium bowl.
 1. Melt the butter and chocolate; until smooth. Set aside to cool slightly. Note: I didn't have unsweetened chocolate so I used semi sweet.
  Beat the chocolate mixture and granulated sugar in a large bowl.
 Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
 Then beat in the vanilla.
 Beat in flour mixture just until combined.
 Refrigerate at least 2 hours, until dough is very firm. I always let it refrigerate overnight. The dough will be soft before you put it in the refrigerator.
 3. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease your cookie sheets. Place 1 cup of powder sugar in a bowl. Drop chilled dough by teaspoonfuls onto sugar and roll into balls. This is very messy so I use gloves. I also use a cookie scoop. Place balls 2 inches apart on the prepared cookie sheets. Not like I did above. The cookies ended up going together and I had to cut them apart so they ended up being square. I was in a hurry to get a lot of things done on this day.
Bake them 10-12 minutes, until the tops are just set. (Don't over bake). Cool the cookies on cookie sheets 1 minute, then transfer them to a wire rack to cool completely. Makes about 5 dozen.
This sheet I spaced them correctly and they came out great. Square cookies were still good.

I hope you give this recipe a try and let me know what you think. Until next time enjoy your day.

No comments:

Post a Comment