Wednesday, July 31, 2019

Baked Beans Recipe

 Another recipe from my house to yours. I  will put the YouTube video down below from the person whom I took this idea from. I enjoy trying new recipes and really enjoy it when I can use my food storage. Don't worry you can use this with items you get from the grocery store also. You will need 3 pints of pinto, white or black beans. 1 pint of pork and beans. 1/2 large onion chopped (I used dried onions). 1/4 cup molasses, 1/2 cup brown sugar and 1 1/2 teaspoon liquid smoke. Cook on low for 1-2 hours until onions are blended in well. You will want to use the liquid off the beans from only one can or more depends on how much liquid you want on your beans.
I changed this up a little and put it into my slow cooker and cooked it on low all day. I put in too much liquid but it was still good.
I couldn't find the video about her baked beans but did find one of two of her pork and beans recipes.  If you go and look up Linda's Pantry and look at her play list you should be able to find it. She has great recipes and is a joy to watch.
I hope you give this recipe a try and let me know what you think. Until next time enjoy your day.

No comments:

Post a Comment