Tuesday, July 9, 2019

Fried Rice Recipe

 There is no wrong way to make fried rice. I am just showing you how I make it. The basic recipe came from one of my Dad's friend wife. We have never been able to make it like her's but we keep trying. I make this recipe when I need to clean out my fridge. So my basic ingredients are carrots which are always fresh and diced, same with the green onions. Then I had some leftover peas, corn and green beans. I did chop up the green beans a little. I had some leftover beef and chicken which I chopped into little pieces. I also scrambled up about 6 eggs. Next you will need to cook your rice however much you like and let it get cold. The best way to do this is fix it the night before. I sometimes forget to do this and try to fix it early in the morning. I also use sesame oil and soy sauce. I don't buy the package flavoring. I make sure everything is ready to go before I turn on my skillet.
 I don't own a wok so I just use one of cast iron skillet's. This means I have to do several batches but that is okay. I just put the oven onto the lowest setting and have a big pan in ready to  my finished rice in. I heat up the skillet and then some oil and then the fresh veggies. I let them cook for a little. I still like my fresh veggies to have a little crunch to them.
 Next I add the other veggies to my skillet and let them heat through.
 Then I add my eggs and meat.
 Lastly I add the rice and soy sauce.
 This is what it looks like.
I made up three cups of white rice and with the other added items it almost filled this pan.
This is a great way to use up your leftovers and still have a great meal. You can use just about any vegetable and meat. I hope you give this recipe a try and let me know what you think. Until next time enjoy your day.

No comments:

Post a Comment