Friday, July 26, 2019

Mom's Potato Salad Recipe

 I know there are a lot of potato salad recipes out there. I grew up with this potato salad. My mom made it when ever there was something special going on in the summer and sometimes just because. I don't know where she got this recipe. I make this recipe a lot so have stopped measuring everything out and go just by how it looks, but I will give you the amounts here. This isn't a very good photo of what you will need but again I will leave the information for you.
 You will need the following items for this recipe. 4cups boiled potatoes, diced; 1/4 cup chopped green onions; 3 hard-boiled eggs, cubed; 1/2 cup mayonnaise; 3/4 cup sour cream; 1 tablespoon vinegar; 3/4 teaspoon celery seed; mustard for color; 1-2 big dill pickles, diced and 1-2 big carrots, diced. Combine potatoes, green onions and eggs as you see in the picture.
 Next you will blend remaining ingredients; mix lightly with potato mixture.
Chill. Serve in salad bowl. Makes 6 servings. You will notice that I didn't mix in the celery seeds. I like the seeds sprinkled over the top of my salad.
I hope you give this recipe a try and let me know what you think.
Until next time enjoy your day.

No comments:

Post a Comment