Monday, November 12, 2018

Tuna Casserole Recipe

 This is a quick and easy dish that you can make. I grew up with this dish. I am not sure where my mom got the recipe. As you can see the ingredients are very few and simple. You will need 2 cups uncooked macaroni, 1 cup milk, 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, 1 6 oz. can tuna, drained, 1 10 1/2 oz. can cream of chicken soup, 1 tablespoon chopped onion, (I use dried) and 1/4 pound cheddar cheese, grated. This is just the minimum amount. You can use a different cream soup. We always add more tuna and cheese then it calls for. Change it up to your liking. Sometimes I will add peas to this. You will also need either a 1 1/2 quart casserole or I use a 9x13 pan.
 You will need to cook the macaroni according to directions on package or to how you like it. Set aside, combine soup, milk, onion, and pepper into a saucepan. Place over low heat. Add grated cheese and stir occasionally until cheese is melted. Mix macaroni, tuna in pan of your choice. Blend in cheese sauce. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes. You can also put this into the microwave and cook it for about 10 minutes.
I fixed it with green beans instead of peas this time. The boys love this meal and I usually don't have much leftover. I hope you give this recipe a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment