Saturday, November 10, 2018

Red Beans and Rice Recipe

This is a family favorite. I use the basic recipe from my Betty Crocker cookbook. I don't use everything in that recipe and add a few things.
What you will need is about 2 cups of cooked beans. You can used canned or dried that has been cooked. One bunch of green onions, 1-2 cups of rice not cooked, 2-4 cups of broth or water, one 12-16 oz. package of polish kielbasa.
I chop up the green onions and then sauté them in olive oil with some Tony Chachere's, when they are done I transfer them into a different pot.
I then slice and quarter the kielbasa and fry them in some olive oil with some tony Chachere's.
These also go into the same pot with the onions. You then add your beans (drained) and rice along with the liquid of your choice. I sometimes add more Tony Chachere's.
Cook this on low with a lid on until the rice is cooked and the liquid is gone. I do check it off and on to make sure it doesn't stick to the bottom of the pan.
The reason I add the Tony Chachere's is because this dish can be bland and this seasoning gives it a nice flavoring. You do need to careful because it can be hot and salty. Taste before you add.
I hope you give this a dish a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment