Monday, May 15, 2023

Pork Tenderloin Medallions and Balsamic Reduction Recipe

 

I made this the other night when I was off and was able to spend time cooking. This is a quick recipe and very good. I got this recipe from the Cooking Light Magazine, July 2011 issue. Here is what you will need for this recipe and the directions on how to fix it.

1 tablespoon olive oil

1 tablespoon minced shallots (I didn't have shallots, so I used a green onion instead)

1 garlic clove, minced.

1 cup balsamic vinegar

1 1/2 teaspoons sugar

1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary (I didn't have fresh, so I used dried)

1 teaspoon Dijon mustard

cooking spray

1 (1-pound) pork tenderloin, cut into 12 slices

1/2 teaspoon salt

1/2 teaspoon black pepper

Directions:

1. Heat oil in a small saucepan over medium-high heat. Add shallots and garlic; sauté 2 minutes. Add vinegar and next three ingredients; cook until reduced to 1/2 cup.

2. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Sprinkle pork with salt and pepper. Place pork in pan; cook 2 minutes on each side. Add balsamic reduction; cook 1 minute, turning pork to coat.


As you can see, I made asparagus and white and wild rice to go along with it. We really enjoyed this meal and hope you will give a try. It felt great to be able to get back to cooking.


No comments:

Post a Comment