Sunday, August 16, 2020

De Smet, South Dakota Visit

 After we were done visiting Custer we headed to DE Smet. This a place I have wanted to visit for awhile. For those who don't know me I am a huge Little House fan. This is one of the place she grew up. I wasn't able to see everything because I had my husband and my two teenage sons who got bored after awhile. I was able to see most of the things though but this means I need to go back with my girls.

The place we visited was the cemetery. I did miss the graves of Grace and her husband.





This is Charles Ingalls head stone. It is so faded.
This is the original house that has been moved to this location for easy tours.


The bedroom off the front room.

You weren't allowed to go upstairs but they had a mirror for you to see how it was set up. The camera didn't take a very good picture but my phone did so I will have it on Instagram with a link to this blog.
The pantry


The lean to



This organ was in the front room. The organ was the one at the church they went to.
The what knot that was made.


This is the original chalkboard.


The Brewster school. Sorry that it isn't a good picture but it was dark in there.

This is the home that Laura never lived in but her parents and sister Mary did.

This cupboard Pa (Charles made)



I didn't get to go to the original homestead because the other people in my party have had enough. I would like to be able to go back and visit the homestead along with Laura and Almanzo's homestead. I had a blast and can't wait to go back and to finish seeing the rest of her sites.

No comments:

Post a Comment