Tuesday, January 14, 2020

Homemade Maple and Brown Sugar Oatmeal Packets

 My boys love instant oatmeal but it can get pricey. Lucky for me they like the off-brand name. I decided to make my own and they like this just as well. I will put a link below to the two YouTube channels I watched that gave me this idea and recipe. Everything you need is in this picture.
10 cups quick oats (4 cups ground up); 1 1/2 teaspoon salt; 1cup non dairy creamer or dry milk; 1 cup brown sugar.
 Mix all together.
 I use snack size bags to make individual portions or you can use small mason jars.
Put 1/2 cup mixture into each bag and than add 1 tablespoon each maple sugar and brown sugar. You don't have to add the extra brown sugar but my boys like it a little more sweet and it makes it like the store bought ones. To serve you just empty the bag into a bowl o mug and add 6 oz. of hot water. My boys use the Keurig for this and just use the small cup button.
I just store the bags in plastic containers and put on top of the frig. The boys know to place the empty bags back into the container.
I use Organic Maple Sugar from Frost Ridge Maple Farm. You can get this off Amazon for $9.99. The bag is 8 oz. and I use two bags. This recipes makes between 40-50 bags.
Here are the channels.


I hope you give this recipe a try and that you enjoy it. Let me know what you think.
Until next time enjoy your day.

No comments:

Post a Comment