Friday, June 7, 2019

Lentil Soup Recipe

This is an original recipe that Bekah made up years ago. There really isn't a recipe to follow. This never comes out the same every time we make it. No matter what we add or omit it comes out tasting great. So onto the recipe for this pot of soup.
I used a whole bag of dried lentils. Make sure you rinse and go through them to remove little rocks and twigs. I used 8 hot dogs sliced. I used 1/2 medium onion, chopped. 2-3 ribs of celery, chopped, about a handful of baby carrots, diced, 2.5 quarts beef broth and the following herbs parsley, basil, thyme, marjoram, salt and black pepper. I throw it all together into the slow cooker and let it cook on low all day. I would guess the amount of herbs I used would be about a tablespoon of each. Salt maybe a 1/2 teaspoon and about a teaspoon of black pepper.
I hope you give this a try and let me know what you think.
Until next time enjoy your day.

No comments:

Post a Comment