Thursday, February 21, 2019

Loaded Baked Potato Casserole Recipe

This is a great recipe and everyone but Aryan likes this dish. Aryan doesn't like because of the potatoes and cooked broccoli that are in it. I got this recipe off the internet and I can't remember who I got it from. Again I will give you the basic recipe and at the end I will tell you what I did to make it my own.
You will need the following.
6 slices bacon
2(24 oz.) pkg refrig. mashed potatoes
1/2 (8 oz.) pkg. cream cheese
3/4 teaspoon black pepper
3 1/2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken breast, divided
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
1 cup chopped green onion, divided
1(12 oz.) pkg. fresh broccoli florets, divided

1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray a 13x9 baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Prepare bacon according to package directions. Drain on paper towels and crumble. Peel back film at corner of each package of potatoes to vent. Microwave on HIGH for 3 minutes.
2. In a large bowl, combine potatoes, cream cheese and pepper, beat at medium speed with a mixer until combined. Stir in 1 3/4 cups chicken, 1 cup cheese, 2/3 cup green onion, half of the broccoli and half of the crumbled bacon. Spread mixture in the prepared dish. Sprinkle with remaining 1/3/4 cups chicken, remaining broccoli, bacon and cheese.
3. Cover and bake for 45 minutes or until cheese melts and casserole is heated through. Sprinkle with remaining 1/3 cup green onion.

* Here are the changes that I made. I don't buy premade potatoes, I make my own. I did try the premade potatoes the first time I made this and they were salty. It isn't that hard for me to mash my own potatoes. As normal I also don't measure anything out. I also used the dark meat of the chicken. I had about 4 cups this time. I didn't shredded the chicken this time I just cubed it. For crumble bacon, I cut it up first then cook it. For me it is easier this way. The recipe says that it will serve 6 people. This dish serves more than 6 because it fills the dish to the top and is packed. This is an all in one dish. 
I hope you give this recipe a try because it is good and a good way to use up your left overs.
Until next time enjoy your day.



No comments:

Post a Comment