Tuesday, February 19, 2019

Corn Chowder Recipe

This recipe I got of Betty Crocker Cookbook. I made this on a very cold and snowy day. It is a fast recipe and you can change up it up to suit your taste. I usually always double this. I will give you the basic recipe that I followed. You will need the following items.
1/2 pound bacon, cut up
1 medium onion, chopped (about 1/2 cup)
2 stalks celery, chopped (about 1 cup)
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
4 cups milk
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
1 can cream style corn
1 can tiny white potatoes, diced
snipped parsley
paprika

Cook bacon in 3-quart saucepan until crisp: drain. reserving 3 tablespoons fat in saucepan. Cook and stir onion and celery in bacon fat until onion is tender: remove from heat. Stir in flour. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until mixture is bubbly; remove from heat. Stir in milk. Heat to boiling, stirring constantly. Boil and stir 1 minute. Stir in salt, pepper, corn, and potatoes; heat through. Stir in bacon. Sprinkle each serving with parsley and paprika.
* Here are the changes that I made. I omitted the salt because the bacon is salty. I added the parsley into the pot at the same time I added everything else. I let who ever wanted paprika to add their own. This is really good on cold snowy day.
I hope you give this recipe a try. Until next time enjoy your day.

No comments:

Post a Comment