Thursday, November 23, 2017

Being Thankful

Since today is Thanksgiving I wanted to do something different. Yesterday I asked my family to help me with this post. I asked them to tell me what they are thankful for. I got a pretty good outcome with only giving 24 hours. I will tell you what I am thankful for at the end.

My Dad's response
I am thankful for many things, too many to enumerate, but a  few stand out.  First I am thankful for “Our Father-in-Heaven”; for his grace freely given, and for the many blessings he has bestowed on me these past 76+ years.  Second,  I am thankful for my family; that they are Safe, Happy, Healthy, and Strong. Third, I am overwhelmed by the blessing of my Wife.  She is the love of my life, the Mother of my children, Grandmother and Great Grandmother  She is always there for me even when I am undeserving of her.  She is my rock that I cling to when the stormy waters of life try to sweep me away.  She completes me in a way that only God can describe.  She and God are the things I am most thankful for.  God has richly blessed this undeserving man.
My Mom's response
Mom is thankful for the Love of God, for her extended family, her children, her grandchildren, and her great grandchildren.  She is thankful for a loving husband even though he is sometimes annoying, inattentive, lazy, and frustrating.  She knows he would move mountains for her or die trying.  She is thankful for her friends, and her church.
Ashley's response
I'm thankful for my family and friends who offer companionship and support. 
I'm thankful for the food I eat and water I drink, and am very thankful that I've never had to suffer from  lack of either.
I'm thankful for my general health and fitness. Though, like all people, I suffer form the occasional illness or injury I have never had one so damaging as to prevent me from living a normal life, nor any one so permanent.
I'm thankful for my education and for the fact that I've always had easy access to it.
I'm thankful for my job: though it isn't glamorous and requires hard work, I am thankful for a means to pay my bills and go to college without debt. 
Bekah's response
I'm thankful for my job that pays for my school. My teacher friends who have given me experience in their classroom by letting me teach. My family and friends. My wonderful, beautiful daughter and her adoptive family for raising her so well and for James who has been so supportive of me the past year in all I've done.
Tara's response
I'm thankful for the boys (their dogs) and their unlimited kisses and John and his unwavering support of me.
John's response (Tara's fiancé)
I'm thankful for Tara and the boys (their dogs)
Athena and family response (Mike's family)
We are thankful for are family and friends. A roof over are heads and food in the house. A car to drive and are health.
Aryan response
My parents and supportive friends
David's response
Kismet (our cat)
Mike's response
I am thankful for my health. A job to be able to provide for my family. My family. The country we live in which gives me the ability to do and have all the above.
My response
I am thankful for so many things. I am thankful for my Heavenly Father and his son Jesus Christ. I am thankful for a husband who let's me do a lot of things I enjoy doing like seeing my family, staying home and all my extra activities outside of the home. I am thankful for my children and all they have been able to accomplish. I am thankful for our country which gives the freedom to be able to do a lot of things that other countries can not do. I am thankful for my friends who stand beside me and let me be me.
Some family members didn't respond but than is okay. If you want to tell me what you are thankful for just put them in the comment area. All will be welcome.
Enjoy your Thanksgivings.




1 comment:

  1. I was going to respond but with Frances having her infection that put into the hospital I cannot respond properly. I am thankful for my family and the BSA. I am thankful for my wife as well and hope the Lord blesses her with a speedy recovery.

    ReplyDelete