Wednesday, December 7, 2016

Hawaiin chicken

Here is another slow cooker dish. It is also a freezer meal that you can have ready in an instant. I did a relief society activity on freezer / slow cooker meals a while back and this is one of the recipes that the teacher provided. It is simple and delicious. You will need the following
2-3 chicken breasts
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup vinegar
3 garlic cloves, minced
2T soy sauce
1/2 can of large pineapple chunks
1/2 cup of pineapple juice (from can)
place all in a freezer bag and freeze.
To cook thaw out the bag in the refrig the night before
place into the slow cooker and cook on low for 6-7 hours
shred and serve over rice.
 You do not have to freeze it if you don't want to.
I also add the whole can of pineapple since we like to have more.
I don't know where she got this recipe so I can't give credit to that person or book.

I hope you like these ideas. I will try to write about other things as well; as I play catch up on what is happening in our lives.  I sometimes get overwhelmed but I keep moving forward and doing the best I can to keep up.
Until I write again hope you have a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment