Wednesday, April 17, 2019

Slow Cooker Sweet and Sour Pork Recipe

 Back again with another recipe. I got this recipe from whoneedsacape.com
With both boys in track and having 2 to 4 meets a week I have been using my slow cooker a lot.
For this recipe you will need 1 1/2 -2 pounds cut pork loin (or boneless pork chops)
2-3 tablespoons flour (optional)
3 large green peppers sliced in half
1/2 cup white sugar
1 6oz can pineapple juice
1/4 cup rice vinegar
1/4 cup soy sauce
1 tablespoon ketchup

Instructions

1. Optional for a thicker sauce coat pork in flour ( I didn't do this step)
2. Spray slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray (I didn't do this I used a liner)
3. Place meat and green peppers in slow cooker
4. Mix together sugar and pineapple juice to dissolve sugar
5. Mix in rest of ingredients to sugar mixture
6. Pour over meat and peppers
7. Cook for 6-8 hours on low.
8. Serve over rice
9. Another option is to take out some of the liquid and thicken it on the stove (I didn't do this)
10. If freezing, place meat (covered in flour if you want) and peppers in bag. Follow steps to make the sauce and pour over. Freeze
* I added onions to this about half way through the cooking time. I also didn't buy a can of pineapple juice. Instead I used the juice off a can of pineapple that I used for another recipe.
Here it is all dished up. I added chow mein noodles.  I hope you give this recipe a try. I did pull this out of my freezer. It was a hit.

No comments:

Post a Comment