Thursday, February 1, 2018

Last few days of January pantry challenge

The last days of January were a little hard for me to come up with meal ideas. My Menu plan wasn't filled in all the way so I had to do some thinking. I only remembered to get a couple of photos. Pictured above was what we had for dinner on Sunday the 28th. I made broccoli cheese soup. Aryan doesn't like this kind of soup so he ate leftovers.

On Monday the 29th I did a slow cooker meal. I made a basil Swiss steak meal. We put it over white rice and asparagus for the vegetable. I was surprised that the boys took more than one spear of asparagus. They like the pine nuts that I added. Not a whole lot the pine nuts since they are expensive just enough for flavor.
Tuesday the 30th I roasted a turkey breast. I wanted to do my Cajun turkey breast but didn't realize that the breast I bought was already seasoned. I never buy preseason items. So that will be another day. I made mashed potatoes with gray and peas to go with it.
Wednesday the 31st I baked up some beef tenderloin fillets with macaroni and cheese with roasted broccoli. 
Today the 1st of February we just did left overs because I had a meeting. 
This was a great opportunity for me to get back into meal planning and to use what I already had. I had fun.
Until next time enjoy your day. 






1 comment:

  1. Looks like an awesome management of pantry supplies for meals. I don't have littles at home anymore but it looks like you did a great job of getting your family fed with what you had at hand. Good job!!

    ReplyDelete