Sunday, July 9, 2017

Memorial Day Tradition

Our yearly tradition of placing flags on Veterans graves.
The last two years it has been easy to place the flags because it has rained and the made the ground soft. Aryan is pictured above. I was with him, David was with a friend of mine. I am still waiting for his picture but wanted to get this posted.

There were several groups placing flags on this day. Here is part of the C.A.R group. This group isn't very big. We also had the DAR ladies and the 4-H kids. It is always fun to do this with the kids. Aryan was asking me about some of the information on the headstones. I was surprise that I could answer some of them for him and what I didn't know we asked someone else. Most of his questions were on the ranks which are abbreviated. It was a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment