I have had a busy first four days of October. I have decided to try to do a weekly post to let you know I have done.
You are probably wondering what is in the bowl. This is dog food. Mike and I have decided to start feeding our dogs healthier food. So now we make most of their food. In this bowl is two whole chickens that have been cooked and shredded. We add two cups of cooked rice, 8lb bag of sweet potatoes cooked and mashed and almost 2lbs of asparagus that has been cooked. We mix it all together and then give them about a 1/4 cup at each meal mix with a little of their dry kibble. We are using up the kibble we bought because I'm not going throw it away.
This is the broth that came off the chicken that I boiled for the dog food. I don't add any seasoning to the above food, so the broth is good. I just bottled it and put it in my freezer to use when I need broth. This will save us in the long run, and it is perfectly good broth that I will have to season a little before I use it in a recipe.When I went to the library for crochet club, they had some extra chili peppers and wanted to know if I wanted some. Of course, I said yes.These are cookies but not for people. These are cookies for our dogs. The dogs love these. It is chicken liver, eggs and flour.
I only got one square finished on my 63 square blanket. I have 16 more squares to go before I can start putting the edge on them and then put them together. At this rate I won't be done by the date I set.
I finished the scarf I was crocheting. I wasn't sure if I would get this done by the 17th of this month. I made this a priority. I now have three scarfs' done to donate at my next DAR meeting. We are collecting winter coats and eyeglasses. I am adding in a pair of gloves and the scarfs' I have finished.
So, as you can see my short week was pretty busy. I like being busy, but I also make sure I have time to just relax. This week I am hoping to crochet more than one square and getting to the farmer's market to get some pumpkins for the dog food and to have for pumpkin bread and other things. I also want to get some tomatoes to can. I don't know what the week will bring so I will go with the flow.
No comments:
Post a Comment