Tuesday, March 6, 2018

Broccoli Cheese Soup

I know it has been a while since I have posted anything so I have decided to do another recipe.
This is my favorite soup recipe. I got this recipe from my mom and I don't know where she got it from. So if this recipe is familiar to anyone thank you it is great.
You will need:
1 cube butter                                                  1/2 teaspoon onion salt
1/3 cup flour                                                  2 cups milk
1 can evaporated milk                                   2 cups broccoli, cut up
3 teaspoon salt ( I only put in 1)                   1 cup cheese (I put in more)
1/2 teaspoon pepper

Melt butter in large pot stirring constantly. When melted, add flour until mixture is thick. Add both milks, salt, pepper, and onion salt. Stir constantly (on medium high) until boils. Add broccoli and cheese and stir until cheese melts. Great with bread bowls.

I always double this recipe. I used unsalted butter and as you see I also cut the salt down because it is salty with all that salt. I like mine a little bit more cheesy so I add more.

Hope you try this because it is so good.
Until next time enjoy your day.

No comments:

Post a Comment